|GK on History of India for Competitive Exams|
Why to Study GK:
Some Important GK for Exams:
21. In 1911, Mahatma Gandhi started his first Satyagraha in India at -
c. Sabarmati Ashram
22. Who was the founder of Mouryan Dynasty?
c. Chandragupta Mourya
23. Among the nine gems in the court of a King one of the greatest was Kalidasa. The king was-
a. Chandragupta II
24. Buland Darawaja in Fatehpur Sikri was build by Akbar to comamorate
his conquest of -
25. Tulsidas composed his 'Ram Charit Manash' during the reign of -
c. Shah Jahan
26. 'The Great Bath' of Indus Valley Civilization was found at the site of -
27. Whome did Shubhas Chandra Bose considered his political Guru?
a. C. R. Das
b. Mahatma Gandhi
c. Jawaharlal Nehru
d. Dr. Rajendra Prashad
28. The author of the famous play 'Mrichchakatika' was-
c. Vishnu Sharma
29. Who wrote the Adi Kavya - Ramayana ?
b. Saga Vyasa
These General Knowledge questions from History are useful to the candidates who have applied for SSC Exam too.
30. Charak was the famous court physician in the court of -
31. Who discovered Harappa in 1921?
a. Dayaram Sahani
b. RD Bannerjee
c. Lord Irwin
d. Lord Canning
32. The first foreign traveller to visit India was -
b. Huen Tsang
d. Vasco Da Gama
33. English was made the medium of higher education in British India by -
a. Lord William Bantinck
b. Lord Wellesley
c. Robert Clive
d. Lord Lytton
34. Who was called the 'Nepolion of India'?
35. Mahayana and Hinyana are the two Sects of -
35. Matashya Purana is the oldest of ___ Puranas-
36. The 'Doctrine of Lapse' was introduce by --
a. Queen Elizabeth
b. Dal housie
c. Lord Canning
37. Revolt of 1857 was started at--
RRB - Common Pre. Examination (Non - Technical Cadre) Study Package Stage - 1 : With Solved Paper & Practice Sets (English) 2nd Edition
38. Who was political guru of M.K.Gandhi--
a. Gopal Krisna Gokhle
b. Dr Ambedkar
c. Netaji Shubhas Chandra Bose
d. Nana Shahib
39. In the court of Ala-Uddin-Khilji Who was the courtier mentioned below -
b. Amir Khushru
c. Ibrahim Lodi
d. Tegh Bahadur
40. The Pala Dynasty was founded by-
Conclusion:Though History is not an interesting subject for many students, They can not avoid these important Objective GK questions with answers.
Do you want to download a free PDF copy of GK for competitive exams?