SBI has released a notification for the recruitment of Probationary Officers recently. This Online SBI PO Recruitment is valid for every region. The number of vacancies is also high in number i.e. 2200. Submit your application form online before the last date. Last date is 24th of May 2016. Check your Eligibility below.
SBI PO Online Application form is available now. Here I am telling you the easy process to apply for the exam. All the eligibility Criteria, Educational Qualification, Syllabus and Important dates for SBI PO Bank Exam is clearly described here.
Pre-requisites for Applying Online SBI PO Recruitment:Like SBI Clerk exam, before Applying for the post you should have a valid email ID. This Email should be kept active till the declaration of results. It will help you in getting call letter/interview advices etc. by email.
How to Apply for SBI PO Online Exam : Step By Step Guideline
- At first, visit Bank's website in this link and open the appropriate Online Application Form, available in the 'Current Openings' tab.
- Register your name online.
- Then you should scan your photograph and signature as detailed under guidelines for scanning the photograph and signature.
- Fill the application carefully.
- Once the application is filled in completely, submit all the required data. If you can not being able to fill the data in one go, you can save the data already entered.
- When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen.
- These registration no and password is very important. Note down for latter. You can re-open the saved data using these registration number and password and edit the particulars for three times.
- If the application is filled in completely, Click on submit. You are not allowed to change /edit the data there after. The registration at this stage is provisional.
- After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the online application form, you are to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application.
- Following the instructions available on the screen, you should pay the requisite application fee through online mode by using Debit Card or Credit Card or Internet Banking.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment, if any, will be borne by the candidates.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt and an application form will be generated. Print out both for record.
- There is also a provision to reprint the e-Receipt and Application Form containing fee details, at a later stage
- If the online transaction is not successfully completed, you should register again and make payment online.
Read : SBI SO Preparation Books
Important Books for SBI PO Exam. See what others are reading to prepare for this online SBI Exam. These Books are getting huge Reviews. Click to see the reviews.
In case of any problem in filling up the Application form, payment of fee/intimation charges or receipt of Admission/Call letter, queries may be made at telephone no. 022-22820427 (between 11:00 AM to 06:00 PM on working days) or here. Don't forget to mention ‘Recruitment of Probationary Officers in State Bank of India-2016’in the subject of the email.
Career Path For SBI PO :
- The Probationary Officers will be on probation of two years. During the probation they will be given intensive training.
- Those Officers who achieve the predetermined standards may be confirmed and given placement in the next higher grade. The Higher Grade is Officer Middle Management Grade Scale-II. Others who fail to achieve the standards will be confirmed as Officer Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
- Who fail to qualify in the process mentioned above, their services will be terminated.
- Bank provides immense opportunities for growth in the Bank. This includes opportunities for postings abroad.
- The attractive promotion policy of the SBI Bank provides an opportunity to the meritorious and exceptionally brilliant officers to reach the Top Management Grade in a reasonably quick time.
Emoluments (Pay Structure) for SBI PO:1. The starting basic pay Junior Management Grade Scale-I is `27,620/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of `23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020.
2. In Addition, the official will also be eligible for D.A, C.C.A, H.R.A/Lease rental, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time.
3. The total compensation per annum would be a minimum of `7.55 lacs and maximum of `12.93 lacs depending on place of posting and other factors.
4. SBI plans to offer, subject to necessary approvals, a SMART Compensation Package which would enable candidates a choice to monetize specific elements of the salary package.
Eligibility Criteria for Online SBI PO Recruitment :(A) Essential Academic Qualifications:
If you are in the Final Year/Semester of Graduation Course, you may also apply. But the condition is that, if called for interview, you will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.08.2016.
If you have Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate, you should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2016.
You may apply if possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant.
Calculation of Percentage for SBI Online Exam:
The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours/optional/additional optional subject, if any.
This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class/Grade is decided on the basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
(B) Age Limit for Online SBI PO Recruitment:
You must not below 21 years and not above 30 years.
Selection Procedure And Exam Pattern for Online SBI PO Recruitment :The examination will be held in three (03) phases -
- Phase I - Preliminary Examination : Candidates who will qualify in preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for main examination.
- Phase II - Main Exam : Shortlisted candidates in the main examination will subsequently be called for a Group Discussion.
- Phase III - includes
Interview : Shortlisted candidates in the interview will be listed for the final selection.
Preliminary Examination is consists of Objective Tests. This will be conducted online for 100 marks . This test would be of 1 hour duration and consist of 3 sections as follows:
Syllabus for Phase-I Online test (Preliminary Examination):
|Name of Test||No of Questions||Marks||Duration|
Composite Time of 1 Hour
#1 Objective English for Competitive Examinations is a comprehensive book for candidates preparing for various competitive examinations.
#2 Magical Book On Quicker Maths is a book that helps its readers tackle the mathematics sections in all competitive exams with minimum effort.
With this book, M. Tyra aims to fulfill the need for faster and more effective methods of solving mathematical problems. The book begins with an introduction on tips for preparing for mathematics examinations, followed by chapters on various mathematical concepts. Some of the topics covered include fractions, surds, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, time and work, simple and compound interest, trigonometry, and data analysis.
Syllabus for Phase-II Online test (Main Examination):Main Examination will consist of
- Objective Tests : The Objective Test is of 3 hours duration consists of 4 sections for total 200 marks. There will be separate timing for every section. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the tests by securing passing marks, as decided by the Bank.
- Descriptive Test : The Descriptive Test is of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates should qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, as decided by the Bank.
Exams for Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. After completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered. A Candidate will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer.
Important book for SBI PO PHASE - 2
MAIN EXAM SELF STUDY GUIDE - CUM - PRACTICE WORK BOOK (WITH CD)—ENGLISH Reasoning (High Level) Data Analysis and Interpretation English Language General Awareness, Marketing & Computer Total 20 Sets of 200 Objective Questions: - Each set contain English Language, General Awareness, Marketing, Computer, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Reasoning High level Advice.
|SBI PO Main Exam Guide|
(i) Syllabus for Objective Test:
|Test||Name of Test||No of questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45|
|General/Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35|
Test Name of test - English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
Max Marks - 50
Duration - 30 minutes
Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. Each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Structure of Online SBI PO Recruitment Phase III Exam :
- Group Discussion for 20 marks
- Interview for 30 marks
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and the Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Discussion and Interview.
Final Selection :
The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination will not be added for the selection. Only the marks obtained in Main Examination will be added to the marks obtained in Group Discussion & Interview for preparation of the final merit list.
SBI is the most trusted bank in India. It is a dream to work for this bank. So, don't waste your time. Apply Now for Online SBI PO Recruitment and begin to prepare. Online exam date is not far.
If you have any question for Online SBI PO Recruitment , fell free to ask. Read my next article for more or signup for regular updates.