Candidates Eligible for Disability Reservation Quota:
As per official notification by IBPS, a certificate regarding disabilities of the candidate, should be produced by a Medical Board constituted by the Central/State Govt.
# 1 Definition of Visually Impaired (VI):
(i) Total absence of sight,
# 2 Definition of Deaf & Hearing Impaired (HI)
# 3 Definition of Orthopaedically Challenged (OC)
- Impaired reach
- weakness of grip
# A Guidelines for Persons With Disabilities using a Scribe for IBPS Exam:
- The candidate will have to arrange his / her own scribe at his/her own cost.
- The scribe may be from any academic stream.
- Both the physically challenged candidate as well as scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking confirming that the scribe fulfils all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe mentioned above.
- If in later transpires that the candidate did not fulfil any laid down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts, the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the result of the CWE.
- Those physically challenged candidates who want to use a scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes or otherwise advised for every hour of the examination.
- The scribe arranged by the candidate with physical disability should not be a candidate for the examination of CWE PO/MT-VI.
- If violation of the above is detected at any stage of the selection process, candidature for CWE of both the candidate and the scribe will be cancelled.
- Candidates eligible for and who wish to use the services of a scribe in the examination should invariably carefully indicate the same in the online application form. Any subsequent request may not be favourably entertained.
- Only candidates registered for compensatory time will be allowed such concessions since compensatory time given to candidates shall be system based, it shall not be possible for the test conducting agency to allow such time if he / she is not registered for the same.
- Candidates not registered for compensatory time shall not be allowed such concessions.