SSC CGL New Syllabus :There is a little change on SSC CGL Syllabus and exam pattern in this year.
Tier I Syllabus :
- General Intelligence & Reasoning for 50 marks
- General Awareness for 50 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude for 50 marks and
- English Comprehension for 50 marks.
As per new SSC Syllabus, the duration of the exam would be of 75 minutes in stead of 120 minutes.
Only the candidates who are suffering from Celebral Palsy or VH would get 100 minutes to complete the examination.
Not only that, but also SSC CGL has decided to reduce the number of questions from 200 to 100 in Tier - I of SSC CGL Exam.
Total no of 100 questions will be for 200 marks.
You should note that, the negative marking will be of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier I of the new CGL Exam Pattern.
But, for Tier II, this system will remain unchanged.
Read for > Best 3 Books for SSC CHSL Exam
Tier II Exam Pattern :
As a part of the new SSC CGL Syllabus, pattern of the examination is changed. Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination 2016 Revised Scheme of Examination is published now.
Read : 04 Things to know only for UP TET 2016.
Tier III - New Scheme of Examination :
As per the changed pattern, the CGLE will now be conducted in three tiers instead of two and a descriptive portion of exam is included in it for the first time to check candidates comprehension and analytical skills.
This descriptive paper will be in Pen and Paper mode and in English or Hindi to test skill of writing Essay / Precis / Letter / Application Writing etc.
Total Marks sanctioned for descriptive scheme of exam is 100 and time will be allowed only 60 minutes. VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy will get 80 minutes to answer this paper.
Tier IV Will Be Same as Before :Ther will be no change in the Syllabus and Pattern of Tier IV of the exam. Data Entry Skill Test or Computer Proficiency Test whichever applicable will remain same as published in he notice of examination.
Download free Official PDF copy of SSC CGL Syllabus here.
The final merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately. There will be no sectional cut-off. Document Verification will also be conducted as per the provisions of the notice of examination
So, if you are preparing this SSC CGL Exam you should remember the following new Exam Pattern and New Syllabus for SSC CGLE.
- Tier-I and Tier-II examination will be in computer based examination mode, and will be treated Tier-I examination as only qualifying .
- As referred above, the Commission has decided to reduce the Number of Questions
from 200to 100 in Tier-I of the above Examination which would continue to carry 200 marks.
- The duration of the Tier-I examination would be for a period of 75 minutes,
not 120 minutes.
- It has also been decided to conduct the Tier-I and Tier-II in computer based examination mode
in place of OMR based examination mode.
- Those who qualify in both tier I and II, will have to take tier III exam of 100 marks which will be descriptive in nature,
Share with your friends or follow us on facebook. You can subscribe to our mailing list for free.