The main factor to SSC CHSL Exam Preparation 2016 is to collect only the best books for SSC CHSL Exam. You should collect only those books which are recommended by the candidates who have studied the books earlier and found helpful.
Best place to buy books online is Amazon online store and flipkart book store. Best advantage is to buy from these stores is that they have a a huge SSC Books list and gives upto 40% discount on books for competitive exam preparation.
I will give you the ultimate list of most popular and best books for SSC CHSL Exam 2016 in this post. Read this article you will definitely get your answer.
I am here to give you links to the books for Tier-I and Tier-II, that will help you to prepare for the posts of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators, Lower Divisional Clerks and Court Clerk.
Books for SSC CHSL Exam:
The below SSC Exam books are popular among the candidates. Because these books are prepared by the great scholars.
#1 Ultimate Guide to SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Guide for DEO & LDC - by Disha Experts is the best book for SSC CHSL 2016 for the students applying for the vacancies of Data Entry Operators and Lower Division Clerks and others.
Author has provided detailed discussion of each topic along with solved examples. And after the discussion of each topic a practice exercise with detailed solutions is provided in each chapter.
The book contains an exhaustive question bank in the form of Exercise at the end of each chapter.
Moreover, you will get past paper of 2012, 2013,2014 and 2015 with detailed Solutions in this book.
- 51 Sets
- 36 Model Practice Sets
- 7 Solved Papers (2012 and 2014)
- 8 Current Affairs Sets
- 13 Sets Objective Current Affairs
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Special Attraction
The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy,
- Symbolic operations,
- Symbolic/Number Analogy,
- Figural Analogy,
- Space Orientation ,
- Semantic Classification,
- Venn Diagrams,
- Symbolic/Number Classification,
- Drawing inferences ,
- Figural Classification ,
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding ,
- Semantic Series,
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion,
- Number Series,
- Embedded figures,
- Figural Series,
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving,
- Emotional Intelligence,
- Word Building,
- Social Intelligence,
- Coding and de-coding etc.
- Basic Knowledge of English Language - 25-questions 50-marks:
This section is based on the knowledge of basic English.
- Spot the Error,
- Fill in the Blanks,
- Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words,
- Idioms & Phrases,
- One word substitution,
- Improvement of Sentences,
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs,
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration,
- Shuffling of Sentence parts,
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage,
- Cloze Passage,
- Comprehension Passage etc.
Read for > Best SBI SO Books
- Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill) - 25-questions 50-marks:
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles. Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin20 + Cos20=1 etc., Statistical Charts : Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar- diagram, Pie-chart
- General Awareness - 25-questions 50-marks:
- Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
Read for > Best books for IBPS Exams
Books for SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper 2016:
Tier-II Paper of SSC CHSL 2016 will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks. This is a ‘Pen and Paper Mode test.
The duration of the paper would be for one hour.
A Candidate have to write an essay of 200-250 words and Letter / Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. This paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates which is necessary in Government jobs.
The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit list.
Candidates can write the paper either in Hindi or in English.
To Qualify in the Tier II study these Books for SSC CHSL Descriptive Exam-
#1 DESCRIPTIVE ENGLISH (For All Competitive Examinations):