Written Exam is the first door to enter to the selection process of Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT).
Also Read- Best Book for AFCAT EKT
This book is exclusively designed for the written exam of AFCAT. To make your preparation easier this book has been divided into four important sections.
These sections cover all the topics according to the latest syllabus. Moreover, each of the chapters contains ample number of solved questions which have been designed on the lines of questions asked in previous years’ AFCAT Admission Test.
You will find the following Subjects in this book.
- General Awareness: The General Awareness for AFCAT written test covers History of India, Geography, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, general Science etc
- Verbal Ability in English: For this exam, Verbal Ability in English section covers Comprehension, Common Errors, Sentence Completion, Synonyms & Antonyms, One Word Substitution and Idioms & Phrases, Cloze Test, Sequence of sentence / Words.
- Numerical Ability: The Numerical Ability section covers Number System, Fraction & Simplification, Percentage, Profit and loss, HCF & LCM, Ratio and Proportion, Simple & Compound Interests, Unitary Method, Work and Time, Speed, Distance and Time, Algebra .
- Reasoning & Military Aptitude Test: According to the syllabus, Reasoning and Military Aptitude section covers Identifying Valid Inferences, Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Arguments, Identifying Truth and False Statement, Statement and Conclusions, Figural Series, Figural Classification, Series, Coding-Decoding, Analogy, Classification, Spatial Ability Test.
Previous years papers help to understand the question pattern for AFCAT exam and thus you can increase your believe lebel studying the topics only related to the exam.You will get an exact idea of the types of questions asked in the examination.
In this book, solved questions will ensure effective comprehension of the concepts covered under the syllabi of the common admission test.
SSB Crack is specially known for Air Force Exam Books. They have prepared this book for AFCAT written exam Preparation according to the revised syllabus.
According to the toppers in the previous years, this book will help you to crack the AFCAT in first chance and help you to achieve your target.
The study materials in this book is prepared in an easy to remember way. They have notes on some short cut tricks which you can apply to solve the questions with less effort.
This book contains an overview of preparation strategies and psychological tricks before certain topics that can help you grasp the most from it.The tabulated approach towards the topics makes remembering the points and recalling it easier than other AFCAT books.
For example, the flow diagrams before history topics are the perfect way to kick-start and understand & remember Indian history in the best possible way. The book also contains a section dedicated to history dates and corresponding achievements for better remembering and referring the dates.
Along with study materials there are chapter-wise solved questions after every topic with a separate section for the previously asked solved questions, making it easier for aspirants to refer to previous years papers of the same topic.
Moreover, the book is prepared keeping in mind the needs of candidates both during preparation and revision. Most of all, the book is prepared from the aspirant's point of view. It contains a section SSBCrack Special which highlights the best tips to tackle the AFCAT.
So, you are advised to collect this book too for make your preparation more perfect.
The theory portion consists of 4 Comprehensive Sections on:
- General Awareness: 1. History 2. Geography & Environment 3. Civics and politics 4. Basic science 5. Defence 6. Sports 7. Miscellaneous 8. Current Affairs"
- Verbal Ability in English:1. Vocabulary- Synonyms and antonyms 2. One word substitution 3. Error detection 4. Fill in the blanks 5. Cloze test 6. Reading comprehension
- Numerical Ability: 1. Number System 2. Decimal Fraction 3. Simplification 4. Ratio and proportion 5. Average, problem on ages 6. Percentage 7. Profit and loss 8. Simple interest and compound interest 9. Time, speed and distance 10. Time and work/chain rule
- Reasoning: Verbal Reasoning 1. Analogy 2. Odd one out 3. Series 4. Coding decoding 5. Logical deduction 6. Statement and assumptions Non-verbal Reasoning 1. Analogy/ Odd one out 2. Non-verbal Series 3. Completion of figure 4. Image Analysis 5. Embedded figure 6. Rotated block 7. Spatial ability-(Dot situation and similarity in figure)
- Military Aptitude Test: (including Spatial Reasoning).
Past solved papers: March 2011 Solved Paper August 2011 Solved Paper March 2012 Solved Paper August 2012 Solved Paper February 2013 Solved Paper February 2014 Solved Papers August 2014 Solved Papers February 2015 Solved Papers August 2015 Solved Papers February 2016 Solved Papers
Best of luck.