Educational Qualification For AFCAT is the most important thing to note to join Indian Airforce. You must fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
We will discuss the Educational Qualification required for Indian Airforce Common Admission Test (AFCAT) courses for grant of Short Service Commission in Flying Branch and Permanent / Short Service Commission in Technical and Ground Duty Branches.
# 1 Educational Qualification for AFCAT Flying Branch:
To join the flying branch of Indian Airforce, you must be a Graduate (Minimum three-year degree course) in any discipline. To become a pilot in Indian Air Force you should fulfill the following eligibility conditions.
- You must come from a recognized University attaining minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
- You have to pass Maths and Physics at 10+2 level or BE / B Tech degree (Four-year course) or
- Cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
# 2 Educational Qualification for AFCAT Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics):
To join AFCAT technical branch as an Aeronautical Electronics Engineer you should have these academic qualifications.
- You have a minimum 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and a minimum of four-year graduation/integrated post- graduation qualification in Engineering / Technology from recognized University. or,
- You may be cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India). or,
- have Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the following disciplines:-
- Communication Engineering
- Computer Engineering / Technology
- Computer Engineering & Application
- Computer Science and Engineering / Technology
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering / Technology
- Electronics Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Science
- Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering (Microwave)
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Electronics Communication and Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics Instrument & Control
- Electronics Instrument & Control Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Instrument & Control Engineering
- Information Technology.
# 3 Educational Qualification for AFCAT Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical):
You can join AFCAT Aeronautical Engineer in Mechanical sections too. For mechanical branch of Aeronautical Engineer, you have fulfill AFCAT eligibility for technical branch.
Followings are the educational qualifications for a candidate of this branch.
- Candidates with minimum 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and a minimum of four-year graduation / integrated post- graduation qualification in Engineering / Technology from recognized University can apply for Aeronautical Engineer in mechanical branch. or,
- A person who have cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the following disciplines can join IAF through AFCAT:-
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and Automation
- Mechanical Engineering (Production)
- Mechanical Engineering (Repair and Maintenance)
- Industrial Engineering.
# 4 AFCAT Educational Qualification for Ground Duty Branch Education Section:
- With minimum of 50% marks in aggregate all paper put together in Post Graduation (Minimum two year programme) and 60% marks in graduation (both recognised by UGC / Competent Accreditation Authority) you can apply for AFCAT to join Education branch of Indian Airforce.
- You should have MBA / MCA or MA / M Sc degree in English / Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Statistics / International relations / International studies / Defence studies / Psychology / Computer Science / IT / Management / Mass Communication / Journalism / Public Relation .
You may like >> How to Join Indian Air Force after 12th
#5 AFCAT Educational Qualification for Administration & Logistics Section:
- If you have a graduate degree (Minimum three-year degree course) in any discipline from a recognized university with 60% marks or equivalent, you can apply for AFCAT Administration & Logistic Branch. or,
- If you have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or, Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent you are eligible for the exam.
#6 AFCAT Qualification for Ground Duty Branch Accounts Section:
For Account Branch of Indian Airforce, a person with B. Com. Degree (Minimum three-year degree course) from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent can apply for AFCAT.
Conditions of Educational Qualification for AFCAT:
Here are some important conditions regarding educational qualifications for AFCAT.
- Candidates appearing in final year/semester examinations may apply for all courses commencing in July 2017 provided they fulfill the following conditions:-
- Candidates should not have any present backlog and should have secured a minimum of 60% marks up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared at the time of online submission and at the time of SSB.
- Candidates should be able to provide provisional/original degree certificate issued by University latest by 15 June 2017.
- In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the University from where they have obtained the degree.
- In case the University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA to percentage conversion certificate, CGPA will be converted into 10 points scale and multiplied by 10 to get an equivalent percentage.
If you have the above mentioned AFCAT educational qualification, you are eligible to apply for AFCAT. Apply online through the official website before the last date.
Prepare for the examination from the beginning. Learn the selection process and examination syllabus for 2017.
To do a good result, you should study books and notes according to the latest syllabus of AFCAT.