To apply for the IBPS Common Recruitment Process, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria first.
You must necessarily produce the relevant documents in original and a photocopy in support of your identity and eligibility.
You must fill all the fields regarding nationality, age, educational qualifications etc as indicated in the online application form.
# 1 Eligibility Criteria regarding Nationality / Citizenship for IBPS Exam:
To apply for IBPS PO and IBPS MT-6 posts you must fulfill the following criteria regarding your nationality or citizenship-
(i) You must be a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan.
A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India is also eligible for IBPS common recruitment process 2016.
A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India is also have the eligibility to apply for IBPS Exams.
# 2 Required Age to Meet the IBPS Eligibility Criteria:(As on 01.07.2016):
To apply for IBPS Exams (CWE and Interview) your minimum age should be 20 years and Maximum age 30 years.
If you have born not earlier than 02.07.1986 and not later than 01.07.1996 (both dates inclusive) you are eligible for IBPS recruitment.
Relaxation of Upper age limit is granted to some of the categories. But, candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original/ copies at the time of Interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS/ Participating Organisation(s).
Below categories are eligible for the age relaxation-
1. Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe- 5 years.
2. Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)- 3 years.
3. Persons With Disabilities- 10 years.
4. Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment at least- 5 years.
5. Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989- 5 years.
6. Persons affected by 1984 riots- 5 years
The maximum age limit specified above is applicable to General Category candidates.
There is no reservation for Ex-servicemen in Officers’ Cadre.
Educational qualifications as Eligibility Criteria for IBPS:
If you are a graduate or you have a graduation degree, you can apply for IBPS Common Recruitment Process. Degree may be in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by University / Institute.
These are the basic requirement for IBPS common recruitment. Apply now if you have the above Eligibility Criterias.