Career in Hotel Management After 12th:
Now career in hotel management is one of the most popular choices for the students after 12th. There are many world class hotels in India which are appointing top candidates every year. If you are interested in Hotel Management Courses After 12th, this article will definitely help you.
One can join Hotel Management Courses After 12th by direct entry or through hotel management institutes. For direct entry, the vacancies are generally advertised in the newspapers and respective websites of the hotels.
Minimum prescribed qualification for direct entry is graduation with 50% marks and minimum qualification required to go for a course in hotel management is 10+2.
To get a better chance, you should complete a course in Hotel Management from a reputed institution. I will tell you how to build your Career in Hotel Management After 12th in this article.
Different colleges adapt different admission procedure. Some of them recruit by Interviewing the candidate directly, Some of them takes an entrance exam and after that select the best ones. Others choose the candidates based on their CET or UGET marks.
As there are plenty of job potentiality after completing the courses, and pay structure are also good, it is right decision to join hotel management.
Fix your target at the earlier, so that you can join an excellent institution to complete the courses. Because without professional knowledge, you can not enter a better hotel.
Many world renowned hotels are coming in India Such as HYATT, Le-Meridian, Courtyard, Radisson, Holiday Inn and much more which eventually increasing the chances for the candidate for getting jobs in these kinds of hotels.
After pursuing a course from a good hotel management college, you can become a hotel manager, chef, food and beverage manager, etc.
There are many options in Hotel Management Courses After 12th-
- Restaurant management/fast food management
- Club management /recreation and health center management
- Cruise ship hotel management
- Hospital administration and catering
- Institutional and industrial catering
- Hotel and Tourism Associations,
- Airline Catering and Cabin Services,
- Forest Lodges,
- Guest Houses management.
Job Opportunities After Hotel Management Courses:
As I have mentioned above, there are tremendous opportunities to get a job after completing the Hotel Management Course.
A Skilled and meritorious graduate will be able to get Managerial roles in World class hotels. Chances of promotions are also available for experience holders.
Opportunities which are available for a candidate are-
- Human resource and secretary
- House Keeping Manager
- Banquets Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Bar Manager
Related to Hotel Management Courses After 12th> Top courses after 12th arts
List of Hotel Management Colleges in India:
Indian Institute of Hotel Management And Catering Technology has been educating students of India to build a career in this field through their affiliate colleges. There are lots of govt institutions to teach you Hotel management.
Moreover, you can join other private colleges too for a degree or diploma course.
Here is a list of some of the top colleges for Hotel Management in India.
- IHM Srinagar www.ihmsrinagar.org
- IHM Gurdaspur www.ihmgurdaspur.org
- IHM Trivandrum www.ihmctkovalam.org
- IHM Meerut www.ihmmeerut.com
- IHM Hyderabad www.ihmhyd.org
- IHM Shillong www.ihmshill.org
- IHM Bhopal www.ihmbpl.com
- IHM Lucknow www.ihmlucknow.com
- IHM Hazipur www.ihmhajipur.net
- IHM Guwahati www.ihmctanghy.org
- IHM Bhubaneshwar www.ihmbbs.org
- IHM Gandhinagar www.ihmahmedabad.com
- IHM Goa www.ihmgoa.nic.in
- IHM Shimla www.ihmshimla.com
- IHM Gwalior www.ihmgwalior.net
- IHM Faridabad www.ihmfaridabad.com
- IHM Jaipur www.jaipurihm.com
- Chandigarh College of Hotel Management Mohali www.cchmct.org
- Dr. Ambedkar IHM Chandigarh www.ihmchandigarh.org
- Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management Chandigarh
- Delhi Institute of Hotel Management New Delhi
- Gangtok State Institute of Hotel Management
- Jodhpur State Institute of Hotel Management (www.ihmjodhpur.com)
- Kozhikode State Institute of Hotel Management
- Kurukshetra State Institute of Hotel Management (www.ihmkkr.com)
- Dehradun State Institute of Hotel Management
- Jenneys Academy of Tourism & Hotel Management Tiruchirapally www.jenneysacademy.in
- K C College of Hotel Management Nawanshahr www.kcchm.com
- MGR Institute of Hotel Management Chennai www.mgrcatering.in
- Shrishakti College of Hotel Management Hyderabad www.ihmshrishakti.com
- SRM Institute of Hotel Management Kanchipuram www.srmuniv.in
- Ranjeeta Institute of Hotel Management Bhubaneshwar www.rihc.org
- Chitkara Institute of Hotel Management Raipur www.chitkara.edu.in
- Desh Bhagat Institute of Hotel Management Gobindgarh www.deshbhagatinstitutes.com
- Vivekanand Institute of Hotel& Tourism Management(VIHTM) Kuchiyadar www.vihtm.com
- Rizvi College of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Mumbai http://rizvihmct.com
- Institute of Advanced Management Kolkata www.iam.ac.in
- Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management &Catering Technology New Delhi www.bcihmct.ac.in
- Oriental School of Hotel Management (OSHM) Wayanad orientalschool.com/htm/bsc_h_ha.html
- Merit Swiss Asian School of Hotel Management Ooty www.meritworldwide.com
- Durgapur Society of Management Sciences, (DSMS) Durgapur www.dsmsindia.org
- AIMS School of Business Bangalore http://acharyaims.ac.in/
- AURA Institutions Delhi www.aura.edu.in
- Goa Institute of Advanced Management (IAM) Goa www.iam.ac.in
- Culinary Academy of India Hyderabad www.iactchefacademy.com/
- A-IHM Institute of Hotel Management Agra
- PCTE Institute of Hotel Management Ludhiana
- M.A. Rangoonwala Institute of Hotel Management & Research Pune
- Oberoi Centre, Delhi IHM, Mumbai WGSHA. Manipal
- Christ College, Bangalore
- NSHM School of Hotel Management Durgapur www.nshm.com
- Jaganath Institute of Management Sciences, (JIMS) New Delhi www.jims.in
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Hotel and Tourism Management Studies Belapur http://chtms.bharatividyapeeth.edu/
- Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology Bangalore www.aihmctbangalore.com/
- FHRAI Institute of Hospitality Management Greater Noida www.fhraiinstitute.com/
- Sarva North India Institute of Hotel Management Panchkula www.niihm.org/
- Subhas Bose Institute of Hotel Management (SBIHM) Kolkata www.sbihm.com
Entrance Exam for Hotel Management After 12th:
Most of the Government organizations Selects students through common entrance test. Every year in the month of April this test is taking place.
The National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology conducts Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) for different Govt institutes.You should apply for the test when notification released.
There will be a written/online test of 2-hour duration followed by a group discussion and interview. Through the interview, they will check your personality and confidence.
Private institutes have their own process of selection. You should contact the respective institution for admission to the course.
The patterns and syllabuses of the exams are almost the same. Their entry time is also slightly different. Visit the website of the Institute for details.
These are the main subjects for the written/online exam
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning and Intelligent
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs
- English Language
Top Hotel Management Courses After 12th:
There are so many courses available in India for hotel management. Various colleges have designed various courses. But, the typical courses are-
- International Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- DHM (Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Food & Beverage Service
- B.Sc (Hotel Management, Catering & Tourism)
- Bachelor of Science (Hotel & Tourism Management)
- B.Sc. (Hotel Management, Catering Technology & Tourism)
- Bachelor of Science (Hospitality and Hotel Administration)
- Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
- BHM (Bachelor of Hotel Management)
- BA/ BA (Hons) – Hotel Management
- B.B.A (Bachelor of Business Administration) in Hotel Management
Diploma in Hotel Management Courses After 12th:
A 12th passed student can apply for a Diploma course. You should have passed English in the 12th class to apply for this course. This is a one (01) year (some institution offers 02 years) program. This is a short-term learning program. So, many students do this course to get a job in hotels.
You will get the theoretical and practical knowledge to become a manager. But as this course is too short, you will not be able to learn all the important lessons. So, placement opportunity for diploma holders is also not so good.
If you want to finish your course soon to get a job, go for it.
B.Sc. in Hotel Management After 12th:
If you have passed your 12th class, you can apply for Bsc. in HM course. This course is for you if you want to do a BSC. Degree course in hotel management.
In this course, you will learn the theoretical and practical aspects of a hotel manager. You will learn skills like communication, management, food production, etc. in 3 years period.
No doubt, you can build your career in HM through this course. You can study a particular subject to be a specialist. A specialist learns all along with a particular subject in the last year.
The demand for specialized candidates is more than the general students in the top hotels. You can choose specific areas like Food & Beverage (Restaurants and Banquets), Food Production (kitchens) and Accommodation Management (Rooms Division, Housekeeping and Front Office) which makes their job easier if students have already chosen their department of interest.
Related> How to prepare for CAT Exam
B.B.A in Hotel Management Courses After 12th:
Students who have passed 12th standard (in any stream) are eligible to pursue this course.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Hotel Management or BAHM is an undergraduate program. Duration of this course is 3 years. This course will make you well aware of the skills required to manage a hotel.
If you are interested in the field of Hotel Management, you may go for B.B.A. These programs are available for general courses as well as specialized courses.
After clearing these course from any reputed college, you will be able to get a job in Hotel, Motel, Resort, or any other well-known organizations.
Bachelor of Hotel Management After 12th:
Students who have cleared 12th standard examination from any stream, are eligible to apply for this course. Minimum marks criteria exist in the case of many Institutes. It may vary between 45-50% marks, in 12th Board examinations.
This program of Hotel Management Courses After 12th is also known as the B.H.M. course. It is a regular and fully residential 4 years long Undergraduate program. The 4 years course is divided into 8 semesters. During these 8 semesters, students will have to deal with different subjects theoretically as well as practical classes.
This Hotel Management Courses After 12th will help develop skills that will assist graduates to thrive in the Hotel as well as Tourism Management sector. It will help them take on managerial posts in the areas mentioned above. Entrepreneurial skills are also honed during this course.
The curriculum in a BBA program in hotel management focuses on hotel administration and hospitality but could be expanded to culinary arts, cruise ship operations and casino operations. Programs might teach some of the more technical aspects of hotel management. They emphasize the importance of problem-solving skills and offer hands-on learning opportunities.
Other program coursework may include the following:
Customer service management
Cost control and accounting
Food & beverage
Information technology in business (source: study.com)
Top Recruiters for Hotel Management Students:
After qualifying from an institute with a good result, you will surely get a job in this field. There are a large number of recruiters waiting for appointing a smart student.
Some top recruiters after Hotel Management Courses After 12th-
- ITDC Group of Hotels
- Ambassador Group of Hotels
- Mansingh Group of Hotels
- Oberoi Group of Hotels
- Peerless Group of Hotels
- Jaypee Group of Hotels
- K Raheja Group of Hotels
- Le Meridien Group of Hotels
- Sarovar Park Group of Hotels
- Sinclairs Group of Hotels
- Best Western Group of Hotels
- Casino Group of Hotels
- Clarks Group of Hotels
- Fortune Park Group of Hotels
- Taj Group of Hotels
- Tulip Star Group of Hotels
You can set your career path in a hotel management. This is a job oriented career, and you need not worry about getting a job after successfully completing the Hotel Management Courses After 12th.
Join any good college to have a degree/diploma in hotel management and get a job as manager/food supplier/producer or any other.