How to get a Job in Punjab Police:
Punjab Police has issued an advertisement for Male and Female BHARTI at its official website. They invite applications from eligible candidates for Constable and SI Posts for about 6435 vacancies . Here, I will tell you all the eligibility criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus and Study materials in details. I will tell you the easiest way to prepare for the posts.
Who have completed 12th Class or Equivalent from a Recognized Board are eligible to apply for Constable posts.
Read for > Best Books for Punjab Police Exam
And who have passed Degree course from any recognized university or equivalent to it are eligible to apply for the posts of Sub Inspector.
Suitable aspirants who are interested in Punjab Government Jobs can apply for these posts in online mode before the last date.
Candidates will be selected for the posts depending on their performance in
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Written Exam and
Total No of Vacancies in Punjab Police in Details:
|Constable (Male): 4,000 NosConstable (Female): 2,000 Nos
Sub Inspector (SI): 435 Nos
Total vacancies: 6,435 Nos
How to apply:
You should apply online for the above mentioned posts. Online applications should be filled through the official website of Punjab Police. Follow “Notification” section on the top of the home page. You must remember online application forms must be filled on or before 30th May 2016.
Important Dates to be noted:
Starting Date for Online Application Form: 01st May 2016
Closing Date for Online Application Form: 30th May 2016
Eligibility Criteria for Punjab Police Preparation :
- For constable posts – 12th class form any approved board of education.
- For Sub Inspector (SI) posts – Applicants should have passed graduation .
Age Limit :
Age of the candidates must be between 18 to 25 years.
Relaxation for government servants, SC, ST, ex-serviceman and other categories of persons is admissible as per norms.
- For Constable Post: Rs 5910 – 20200 + GP Rs 1900/-
- For Sub-Inspector : Rs 9300 – 34800 + GP Rs 2400/-
Selection Process for Punjab Police Recruitment:
The selection will be done on the basis of the performance of the candidates. The folowing Selection Process is fixed for this recruitment –
- Physical measurement test
- Physical Efficiency/standard test
- Written exam
1. Physical Measurement:
The first stage of the selection procedure is physical measurement test. A candidate should qualify in this stage to move to the next stage.
- For male candidates Minimum Height Should be – 5 feet and 7 inches
- For female candidates Minimum height Should be 5 feet and 3 inches
2. Physical Efficiency Test:
Candidates qualifying in the physical measurements are eligible to participate in Physical Efficiency Test:
For Male Candidates:
Male candidates should qualify in the following tests to sit in the written tests-
- 1600 Meter Race : time – 7 minutes
- Long Jump : distance – 3.80 Mts.(minimum)
- High Jump : height -1.15 Mts. (minimum)
For Female Candidates:
Female candidates should qualify in the following tests to sit in the written tests-
- 800 Meter race : time – within 4 minutes and 30 seconds
- Long Jump : distance – 3.00 Mts. (minimum)
- High Jump : height – 0.95 Mts.(minimum)
For ex-servicemen: (35 years and above)
An Ex-Serviceman candidates should qualify in the following tests to sit in the written tests-
- 1400 meter race : time – within 12 minutes
- Sit-ups : 10 continuous (minimum)
For Ex-Service women (35 years and above):
An Ex-Service Woman candidates should qualify in the following tests to sit in the written test-
- 800 meter Run/Walk : time – within 8 minutes
3. Punjab Police Written/Online Test:
After qualifying all the above tests as described, you will be eligible for the written test. Written test/Online Test of hundred (100) marks.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Written/Online Test:
Follow the syllabus as mentioned in the official website of Punjab Police. Good idea on syllabus can help you to score much in less effort. The written examination will be of Multiple Choice Objective Type questions. The Syllabus includes –
- Test of General Awareness
- Test of Numerical Aptitude
- Test of General English
- Test of Reasoning
How to Prepare for General Awareness Test :
You should have good knowledge on current issues related to Punjab, India and international.
Study the basics of general science, information technology and its applications etc .
To score good in this section , study below GK topics carefully. This section is easy to score good marks.
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Honors
- Science and Technology
- Important Days and years
- Inventions and Discoveries
- Budget and Five Year Plan
- Indian Culture and Heritage
- National and International Current Affairs
- National and International organizations etc.
- Indian constitutions
How to prepare for Numerical Aptitude Test :
The test of Arithmetical and Numerical abilities will cover the following topics. You must practice hard to score good in this section.
- Number Systems,
- L.C.M., H.C.F.,
- Ratio & Proportion,
- Profit & Loss,
- Simple & Compound Interest,
- Time & Work,
- Time & Distance,
- Tables & Graphs, etc.
How to Prepare for General English Test :
If you are good in English, then this section will be an opportunity to score good marks. The Questions from this section includes as described below-
- Subject-Verb Agreement.
- Word formation
- Sentence completion
- Theme detection
- Deriving conclusions
- Passage completion
- Error detection
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Idioms & Phrases.
- Sentence Rearrangement.
- Unseen Passages.
How to Prepare for Reasoning and Comprehension Test :
This section contains hard questions. So, to qualify and score good marks you must do practice regularly. The following topics includes this section –
- Blood Relationships.
- Similarities and Differences.
- Symbols and Notations.
- Number Series.
- Data Sufficiency.
- Visual Ability etc.
- Venn Diagrams,
- Number Series,
- Problem Solving Techniques,
- Statement & Conclusion type questions,
- syllogistic reasoning,
- Seating Arrangements.
Study according to the syllabus and practice regularly. Solve Previous years question papers and practice sets.Manage your time. Use stopwatch to calculate your time for solving a paper and try to finish within the time period.
4. Punjab Police Personal Interview:
This is the last stage of the selection procedure. Candidates will be called for interview if they qualify in the above mentioned written examination. After Interview the Punjab Police department will declare the selected candidates to join the Police Job as a Constable/ sub-Inspector.
If you have any question for Punjab Police Preparation ask me.
Share with your friends.