Experts Guide on how to Prepare For SSC CGL Exam?
I will tell you some tricks to know how to prepare for SSC CGL exam 2017. The commission will conduct the exams in a revised pattern and new syllabus. So, Prepare For SSC CGL Exam from today,
There will be four phases ie, Tier 1, Tier II, Tier III and Tier IV. The selection of the candidates is made based on all the four phases.
As the exam date is postponed and fixed to be commenced from August, it is time to take the opportunity to prepare yourself with a good effort. To get the best result, study according to the syllabus as mentioned on the website of SSC.
You know that The Examination will be conducted in three tiers as described below:
- Tier -I: Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier -II: Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier -III: Descriptive Paper for Essay Writing/ Precis/Letter / Application Writing. This paper will be in Hindi or English.
- Tier – IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
Read for >> SSC CHSL Books for sure success
How to prepare for SSC CGL exam 2017- Important Note – 1
The Commission can make changes in the scheme of the examination i.e. conduct of Tier-I and Tier-II examination in computer based test mode and treating Tier-I examination as only for qualifying.
How to prepare for SSC CGL exam 2017- Important Note – 2
There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Tier-I. In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I and Paper-III for each wrong answer.
Syllabus for SSC CGL Tier-I Examination is clearly described below. Total Duration/ Timing for General candidates is 02 hours and Total Duration/ Timing for visually Handicapped and Cerebral Palsy candidates is 2 Hours 40 minute:
(A) How to prepare for SSC CGL Exam 2017 General Intelligence & Reasoning:
In the Syllabus for SSC CGL 2017, General Intelligence & Reasoning section include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. While answering this section, give attention to the questions. Try to understand the meaning of the questions. You can score better if you practice again and again. Focus on this section, because, this section is not only interesting but easier than Quantitative Aptitude section too.
This component may include questions on
- decision making,
- visual memory,
- discrimination, analogies,
- similarities and differences,
- space visualization,
- statement conclusion,spatial orientation,
- arithmetical reasoning and figural classification,
- arithmetic number series, problem-solving,
- analysis, judgment, observation, relationship concepts,
- non-verbal series, coding, and decoding, syllogistic reasoning etc.
The topics mentioned in the syllabus of SSC CGL Exam are-
- Semantic Analogy,
- Drawing inferences,
- Punched hole/pattern –folding & unfolding, Symbolic/Number Analogy,
- Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification,
- Small & Capital letters/numbers coding,
- decoding and classification,Figural Series,
- Problem Solving, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers,
- Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification,
- Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization,Semantic Series,
- Number Series, Word Building, Coding & de-coding,
- Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations,
- Venn Diagrams, Figural Pattern – folding and completion,
- Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching,
- Embedded Figures, Critical thinking,
- Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence,
and other sub-topics, if any.
(B) Preparation Tips for SSC CGL General Awareness:
Questions in this component as described in the notification of SSC CGL 2017, syllabus aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
This section of tests will check your knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. Read Newspapers and watch TV news regularly to keep yourself updated.
Pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research Relating to India and our neighbors.
(C) Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude:
As mentioned in the official syllabus for SSC CGL Exam 2017, the questions in this section will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. This is the section where time becomes shorter. You should practice more and more to score well in this section. Solve the problems which look easier for you.
The scope of the test in this exam will be computation of
- Whole numbers,
- Partnership Business,
- Rectangular Parallele piped,
- Mixture and Alligation,
- Decimals , Histogram,
- Frequency polygon,
- fractions and relationships between numbers,
- angles subtended by chords of a circle,
- Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons ,
- Ratio & Proportion,
- Square roots,
- Right Circular Cone,
- Right Circular Cylinder,
- Degree and Radian Measures,
- Standard Identities,
- Profit and Loss,
- Time and distance,
- Time & Work,
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds,
- Graphs of Linear Equations,
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres,
- Congruence and similarity of triangles,
- Circle and its chords,
- common tangents to two or more circles,
- Right Prism,
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base,
- Trigonometric ratio,
- Complementary angles,
- Heights and Distances,
- Bar diagram & Pie chart
(D) How to prepare for SSC CGL exam 2017 English Comprehension:
- Study the basics of English. Because, Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc will be checked in this section of SSC CGL Exam 2017. The questions in Parts A, B, & D will be of a level commensurate with the Essential qualification viz. Graduation and questions in Part C will be of 10th standard level.
- So, take the opportunity as SSC has postponed the CGL Exam date. Now, you have more days in hand to prepare for the exam. Study according to the official syllabus and win the race.
- Here are some useful books for you from Amazon Online Shopping Website to help you prepare for the exam.
This how to prepare for SSC CGL exam 2017 in some easy steps. If you know any easy method to Prepare For SSC CGL Exam for these sections tell us.
Please Share with friends – help them too.