In the Syllabus for SSC CGL 2016 General Intelligence & Reasoning section include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. While answering this section, give attention to the questions. Try to understand the meaning of the questions. You can score better if you practice again and again. Focus on this section, because, this section is not only interesting but easier than Quantitative Aptitude section too.
This component may include questions on
- decision making,
- visual memory,
- similarities and differences,
- space visualization,
- statement conclusion,spatial orientation,
- arithmetical reasoning and figural classification,
- arithmetic number series, problem solving,
- analysis, judgment, observation, relationship concepts,
- non-verbal series, coding and decoding, syllogistic reasoning etc.
The topics mentioned in the syllabus of SSC CGL Exam are-
- Semantic Analogy,
- Drawing inferences,
- Punched hole/pattern –folding & unfolding, Symbolic/Number Analogy,
- Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification,
- Small & Capital letters/numbers coding,
- decoding and classification,Figural Series,
- Problem Solving, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers,
- Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification,
- Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization,Semantic Series,
- Number Series, Word Building, Coding & de-coding,
- Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations,
- Venn Diagrams, Figural Pattern – folding and completion,
- Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching,
- Embedded Figures, Critical thinking,
- Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence,
and other sub-topics, if any.
(B) General Awareness for 50 Marks :
Questions in this component as described in the notification of SSC CGL 2016, syllabus aimed at testing the candidates general awareness
of the environment around him and its application to society.
This section of tests will check your knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. Read Newspapers and watch TV news regularly to keep yourself update.
Pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research Relating to India and our neighbours.
(C) Quantitative Aptitude for 50 Marks :
As mentioned in the official syllabus
for SSC CGL Exam 2016, the questions in this section, will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. This is the section where time becomes shorter. You should practice more and more to score good in this section. Solve the problems which looks easier for you.
The scope of the test in this exam will be computation of
Rectangular Parallele piped,
Mixture and Alligation,
Decimals , Histogram,
fractions and relationships between numbers,
angles subtended by chords of a circle,
Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons ,
Ratio & Proportion,
Right Circular Cone,
Right Circular Cylinder,
Degree and Radian Measures,
Profit and Loss,
Time and distance,
Time & Work,
Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds,
Graphs of Linear Equations,
Triangle and its various kinds of centres,
Congruence and similarity of triangles,
Circle and its chords,
common tangents to two or more circles,
Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base,
Heights and Distances,
Bar diagram & Pie chart
(D) English Comprehension for 50 Marks :
Study the basics of English. Because, Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc will be checked in this section of SSC CGL Exam 2016. The questions in Parts A, B, & D will be of a level commensurate with the essential qualification viz. Graduation and questions in Part C will be of 10th standard level.
Buy Some of the Best Books To Prepare This Section. Here is a link.
So, take the opportunity as SSC has postponed the CGL Exam date. Now, you have more days in hand to prepare for the exam. Study according to the official syllabus and win the race.
Here are some useful books for you from Amazon Online Shopping Website to help you prepare for the exam.
So, Which section is easier for you? If you know any easy method to Prepare For SSC CGL Exam for these sections tell us.
Share with friends – help them too.