In this festival Sisters wishes long life for Brothers and Brothers promises to save or protect his sister form any problem. Sisters tie a sacred (thread) Rakhi string on their brothers’ right wrists and pray to God.
‘Raksha’ means protection. In this festival a sister prays to God for the protection and long life of her brother. actually, this ritual strengthens the bond of love among all the members of the community and they commit to protect each other.
‘Bandhan’ means binding or bound. Sisters bounds a tread around the wrist of her brother. This is a symbol of love and affection.
This Holy thread that a sister bounds around her brothers’ wrist is called Rakhi.
2. Date and Time of Rakhi Bandhan:
According to Indian Calendar, Rakhi Bandhan is celebrated on the full moon day (Purnima) in the month of Shravan or August.
This year Rakhi Bandhan will be celebrated all over world on August 18, 2016.
According to Drik Panchang
The best time to tie Rakhi on Rakhi Bandhan is during Aparahna which is late afternoon according to Hindu division of the day. If Aparahna time is not available then Pradosh time is also suitable to perform rituals related to Raksha Bandhan.
Rakhi Bandhan and gifts are two sides of a single coin.
It is a tradition to offer gifts in the occasion of Rakhi Bandhan. Siblings celebrate the relation of love, and affection between them by gifting their favourite things to each other.
Sister ties rakhi on her brother’s wrist and offers various types of sweets. And, it is a tradition that they exchange some awesome gifts to each other.
Elder brother gives gifts to his sister in acceptance of the Rakhi and blessed her. Thus, Elder sister give gifts to her younger brother.
Don’t worry. There are an ocean of gifts items in the market for your sibling.
Now a days buying a product that you love is not a tough work.
You can buy anything for your loved ones from a good online shop.
A good online shop includes variety of collections with best and affordable prices.
You may celebrate this Rakhi Bandhan with more amazing gifts and more love and affection by searching through Amazon gifts for Rakhi Bandhan. Browse through Amazon.in and take a look at the wide collection of Rakhi gifts available at the best online prices.
Bahane (sisters), buy awesome gifts for your Pyare Bhai (brothers). Celebrate this festival of love and affection with some amazing gifts for your loving brother on this Rakhi Bandhan.
You can make surprise your younger brother with a wonderful gift that he loves most when tying the Rakhi around his wrist. As this festival happens only once in a year, you may not lose the chance.
Choose from the wide range of categories like apparels, electronics, books, mobiles and tablets and a whole lot of other items.
Go for a gift card in case you want your brother to buy the items of his choice. Show your love for your brother with the right gift on this Raksha Bandhan.
5. Rakhi Bandhan Gifts for your sister:
This year, you can make your sister feel special by gifting the most beautiful gift. Your sister may love items from categories like jewellery, beauty and healthcare products, books, bags, apparels, fitness products etc.
Some gifts for your sisters may be-
A. Gift For Rakshabandhan Rakhi Gifts For Sister Combo (Cushion 12 inch x 12 inch, Coffee Mug and Keychain)-
- Size 12 x 12 Inches Cushion Cover with Filler
- Cushion Cover With Coffee Mug And Keychain
- 100 % washable
- lifeTime Print warranty
B. Tied Ribbons Best Gift To Sister On Raksha Bandhan ( Coffee Mug 325ml and Cycle Vase with Flowers )-
- Suggested recipient:Sister who is – coffee/tea lover,artictic & love flowers!
- Ceramic mug, safe for drinking tea/coffee.
- Package Contains : 1 Mug + 1 cycle vase with flowers
- All items in the set are exclusively made in India
- Sibling Quotes:You’re my sister and my best friend. If you think otherwise, just remember I know all your secrets
- Rakhi gift for sister Murano glass pendant necklace fashion jewellery natural seed bead handmade natural strand.
C. Rakhi gift ideas – 6 Chocolates Gift Box – Gifts for sister for raksha bandhan–
- The Chocolates are packed in a sturdy and elegant wooden box.
- The Chocolates are printed with edible colors.
- 100% Vegetarian, Hygienically packed
- Packed very well in thermocol box with cool gel to deliver you in perfect condition Rakhi Gift for your sister.
6. E-Mail Rakhi Bandhan Gift Cards in various mood and various language:
This is an exclusive way of gifting in Rakhi Bandhan.
Amazon Gift Cards are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and carry no fees.
These Rakhibandhan 2016 Giftcards are redeemable on all products on Amazon.in except apps (including all Branded Gift Cards like Shoppers Stop, Westside, Lifestyle, Big Bazaar etc.).
You can choose from over 350+ gift card designs in 9 Indian languages.
You have freedom to choose any denomination from Rs.10 to Rs.10000
7. Some Beautiful Rakhi to Buy in This Rakhi Bandhan:
If you are thinking about how to select a suitable and amazing Rakhi for your loving brother, here is a guide to choose a Rakhi.
Moreover, you can have a look in the below links too. You will see beautiful raksha bandhan images and specialities too.
You can buy awesome rakhis online.
Sukkhi Stylish Gold Plated Designer AD Rakhi
Ava Bhaiya Bhabhi Lumba Rakhi Set (Multi-Colour)
Aapno Rajasthan Turquoise Crystal Dangler Rakhi
American Diamond Bhaiya Bhabhi Rakhi Set
Bindhani Fancy Rakhi for Men (Multi-Colour)
Rajasthani Handcrafted Rakhi Pair Gift For Brothers
Sukkhi Lord Ganesha Gold and Rhodium Plated Set of 2 CZ Rakhi Combo
Johareez Gold Plated Brass Zodiac Symbol for Capricorn Embossed Coin Rakhi
Designer Rakhi, Raksha Bandhan Studded with Colourful Crystal on Peacock Design Roli Chawal Tilak
Sukkhi Alluring Gold Plated Designer Kundan Rakhi
Shiva Rudraksha Ratna Atoot Bandhan Family Rakhi Set
Sukkhi Classy Gold Plated Designer Kundan Rakhi
Sukkhi Lord Ganesh Gold Plated Designer Meenakari Rakhi
8. Some Awesome Raksha Bandhan Quotes for Status:
- “My cute angel from today onwards I promise you I’ll never scold you when you’ll tear my books, messed up my clothes. You are really a ray of happiness in my life.” Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- “Days go past fastly in our life without expressing ourselves deep love for each other. Rakhi comes as a glorious opportunity to tells you that We always adore each other and wish happiness of every kind in life. On Rakhi Wishing You Life’s Biggest Joys!” Happy Rakhi 2016.
- “You know that you are the most precious stone in the collection of my secret treasure. Happy ‘Raksha Bandhan’ to my gorgeous sis from your brother.” Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- “Rakhi is just an excuse for me to express myself. You mean the world to me. Lots of happiness from your brother.” Happy Raksha Bandhan 2016.
Raksha Bandhan or Rakhi Bandhan comes once in a year. So, celebration must be there.
May this festival of Love and Affection bring all the heavenly blessings to your family. Extend your love among the family members as well as with this country.